Since the days of the industrial revolution, you have seen a tremendous growth in the industries all over the world. You require industrial growth for the all round benefit of the economy. With the improvement in the technology, you can see a massive improvement in the quality of the product as well. The industries have made a transitional shift from the mechanical fittings to the hydraulic fittings over a period. The hydraulic technology has a great advantage when compared to the mechanical. We shall now see some of the aspects of the construction of the hydraulic hoses, their uses, and their advantages.
The basic concept:
There are many hydraulic fittings in the industry. We shall concentrate on the industrial hoses for the time being.
The construction of an industrial hose consists of three layers.
- The innermost tube: This tube should exhibit compatibility with the liquid it transports. The flow should be a free one without any resistance. Usually, you find the inner tubes made of synthetic rubbers, or thermoplastic.
- The middle layer: This is a layer of either a coiled or a barbed wire set to support the tube from tearing.
- The Outermost layer: The industry uses a rigid material to manufacture this outer layer. The main function of this outer layer is to support the inner parts of the hydraulic industrial hose.
Liquids that pass through the hydraulic hose:
Usually, you find three types of liquids passing through the hydraulic hoses. They are petroleum oil, synthetic oil, or any liquid with high water content.
The uses of industrial hoses:
The main purpose of any hose is to transport liquids. A garden hose will carry water whereas an industrial hose will carry industrial fluids.
The industrial hoses can handle liquids having high temperature as well as pressure. Hence, they have an advantage over the other kinds of hoses. The construction digger would need the use of a digging tool. Using a hydraulic pipe can lend torque, flexibility, as well as elasticity in the arm movement of the tool.
The industrial hoses have great use in the airplanes for operating the wings as well as the landing gear.
How do you choose a good hose?
If you pose this question to a seasoned industrialist, he would answer that he would go for a STAMPED hydraulic hose. We shall now see what this acronym stands for.
- Size: The inner diameters, as well as the outer diameter, are important points to consider when choosing industrial hoses.
- Temperature: The industrial hoses can withstand high temperature. However, each hose has a working temperature.
- Application: The hoses may require bending on many occasions depending on their use. This can contract the flow space inside the hose.
- Material: You can find industrial hoses manufactured with various materials. You should choose one according to your requirements.
- Pressure: Just as with temperature, the hose would have to withstand high amounts of pressure as well.
- Ends: The hose would have two ends at either side known as couplings. You should check them out before choosing a hose.
- Delivery: You should check out the wearable quotient of the hydraulic hose before choosing one for your industry. In case you require a specific kind of hose, you may find the replacement a bit difficult. However, a generic version can have an easy replacement.