Have you heard about the place called Nawalgarh in Rajasthan? Well, it is one of the most promising tourist destinations of this state, where people are slowly beginning to visit. If you are interested in getting a glimpse of the town life of Rajasthan and get acquainted with how the common people spend their daily life, then this is a great place to visit. And, of course, the star attraction of this place is its havelis.
Some of the best hotels in rajasthan are located in this region and hence you do not need to worry about your accommodation facilities when staying here, even for a short while. If you have made up your mind about paying Nawalgarh a visit, then there are a few facts about this place that you should familiarize yourself with:
- Nawalgarh is located very near to Jaipur, in the Jhunjhunu district. It falls within the Shekhawati region which is also known as the Open Air Gallery because of all the beautiful paintings that are found on the walls of havelis and houses in this region. So if you are travelling to Jaipur then you can make a stop at Nawalgarh. It is also located pretty close to Bikaner. This information will help you in planning your trip to this town.
- The most important thing that you should explore in Nawalgarh is its havelis. What were once the homes of some of the most flourishing businessmen of this area, have now been turned into museums so that we can get an idea about the life that these people led. There are at least 10 or more havelis in this small region. While some of the havelis have had to be restored, a few others are still stand tall today in their former glory. There are close to 10 or more havelis in this region all of which are worth paying a visit. While some havelis have been turned into museums, others remain locked throughout the year.
- How can a little town of Rajasthan not have a fort! You can travel to this fort from any one of the rajasthan resorts. It is located in the central part of town and is known as the BalaQuila Fort. It was built in the year 1737 and it has remained the glory of this small town for a very long time. Today however, the fort has lost much its grandeur and parts of it are occupied by bank offices and market places.
- You can also experience the rural life in Nawalgarh. Ramesh Jangid runs a hiking and rural tourism program from ApaniDhani and you can go for car rides or camel rides through the surrounding villages.
- Another important fact that you should remember about Nawalgarh is that the best way to explore this town is on foot. There are so many parts and pieces of everyday life hidden in every corner of this town, which you will miss out if you do not at least have one day in hand to check out this town on foot!
So, when you are getting ready to visit Nawalgarh, do make sure that you have these important facts in mind.Tags: best hotels in rajasthan