They always say in sports that it is easy to become the No.1 in your game, but difficult to maintain the ranking. This is as true in the corporate business world as well. The air at the top is a rarefied one. You do feel lonely at times. You might always feel the need for someone to share your thoughts. You need someone to guide you when you are at crossroads. You require someone to share experiences with, at times. A personal executive coach can do this job for you.
The role of the coach:
You are at the top of your field. However, to remain at the top, you need to be on your toes all the time. You require a neutral kind of a partner who would not be afraid to question you, guide you, as well as reprimand you when required. This personal executive coach can take decisions with you jointly. You should remember that two heads are always better than one. Your personal executive coach can be your friend, philosopher, and guide. An independent person not having any attachment to the company other than you would be the perfect person to impart executive coaching.
Who requires a coach?
Any person in the senior or middle management post in a company would require an executive coach all for himself or herself to help develop the leadership qualities. Even leaders need coaching in many areas of leadership development for motivating and exhorting the team working under him or her. Everyone requires motivation to achieve optimum performance.
The duties of a coach:
Here are some aspects you should imbibe from a personal executive coach.
• You have a vision in front of you. You have a roadmap for success as well. Your personal coach can help you attain clarity in your vision. He or she can help you read the roadmap better. The coach would be able to spot the obstacles better than you would, as he has a neutral point of view. The guidance would be an invaluable one to achieve success.
• With your coach by your side as your personal navigator, there would be no way that you would traverse the wrong path. The coach would be of great assistance in guiding you as well as exploring the new aspects about you thus helping to discover a better leader.
• You can expect the coach to be abreast of the latest developments in the particular field. He or she should have knowledge as well as the capacity to experiment new concepts along with you.
• The coach would be the perfect person to hold you in your reins in case you tend to move out of control. It can happen, as you flow with the tide.
• The coach is the ideal person to set new goals and objectives for you to achieve. He or she would not only help you to achieve the goals but also not be afraid to question you in case you traverse the wrong path.
Following the advice of the personal executive coach can help you maintain the “Numero Uno” position in your organization.
SaveTags: executive coach, executive coaching, leadership development