This is the age of computers. The technology is improving fast on a daily basis. The days have gone when people used to fill up forms by hand. Nowadays there are printers for every activity. It could be printing documents or forms. It can be printing of business cards or invitation cards. There are different kinds of printers for each activity.
Different kinds of printers:
Each printing activity requires a special kind of printer. There are many kinds of printers in the business world. They are the litho printers, offset printers, digital printers, etc. This is the age of digital printing. We shall see the advantages of digital printing over the other methods of printing. While on the subject of printing, we should have a brief mention of offset printing as well.
This is the most common method of printing. You would have every kind of business using offset printers. The main reason for this is that you can print large quantities of paper at a lower cost. However, if you were to require fewer copies, it would always be beneficial to have a digital printer.
In this method of printing, there is a transfer of the inked image from the plate to a rubber blanket before finding its way to the printing surface. Hence, as there is no direct contact between the inked image and the printing surface, they refer to it as ‘offset printing’.
In this mode of printing, there is direct contact between a digitally-based image and the printing media using inkjet or laser for the printing. This is a faster method of printing and hence preferred by many companies and organizations.
Many companies indulge in the digital printing services. Not every business enterprise would be able to have a digital printer with them. They have to avail the services of a specialist company for their printing services. We shall now see the advantages of the digital printer as well as that of an offset printer for the benefit of all.
Advantages of digital printing:
• The greatest advantage of digital printing is the speed. The turnaround time is very less.
• The other main advantage of digital printing is that you get the same quality of print on each copy. If you exhaust the ink, you can always refill the same. The quality of printing does not change.
• For low volumes, the cost of digital printing is cheaper.
• Digital printing is best for variable data printing. You would be able to print personalized letters to your clients with different fonts using the digital printers.
• The printing would be of a high quality throughout.
Advantages of offset printing:
• The biggest advantage of offset printing would be the quality of the print.
• You would be able to work on a number of surfaces such as paper, canvas, cloth, wood, and even plastic.
• For lower volumes, the cost may be high. However, as the volume increases, the offset printing is the cheapest among all other printing services.